natural remedies: Parsley Eye Mask for those Pesky Dark Circles
The thing that I probably give most attention to in my beauty routine is the attempt to reduce, eliminate, or most accurately go to battle with dark under eye circles. I don't love having to pack on concealer, and am always far more interested in treating my skin well to avoid having to hide it with makeup.
Genetics are certainly to blame for mine, meaning unfortunately I'll never be able to cure them with a good nights sleep. My father had bags so dark he had a real vampire vibe going in many of our old family photos, thanks Dad!
After reading up on natural remedies, parsley seemed like the perfect place to start with it growing abundantly in our herb garden. The active compounds make it a prime candidate for reducing eye bags and general puffiness, but the results aren't immediate. This is great if you have a little bit of patience for more gradual noticeability.
It's also a great excuse to take ten minutes to yourself, and it smells absolutely wonderful.
Parsley Eye Mask
small handful of organic parsley
1 tablespoon boiling water
- Remove parsley from stems and roughly chop.
- Place in a small bowl, add boiling water and stir vigorously until well mixed, making sure to really crush the parsley as you go.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Beginning with bare, cleansed skin, spoon the parsley mixture onto two large cotton swabs and place on top of under eye area.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse face, and repeat the method twice a week.