Sunday Morning: at home with SNOWE
It finally feels as if we've settled into our new home. Weeks on the road left us both feeling a bit disjointed from the space. We were so anxious to get the boxes unpacked, the pictures hung, and the routine started.
Once things settled down all I wanted to do was spend a Sunday morning in bed, have all the cups of coffee, read my book that I keep falling asleep before getting past chapter five. I needed a minute of absolute homebody chill time, and our friends at SNOWE helped make it extra perfect.
Without fail, Robert always manages to get up first. Daisy and I are the lazybones that never quite commit to greeting the day as quickly. He got into the habit a while ago of bringing me coffee in bed, because #husbandmaterial, and it makes me endlessly happy every time he does it.
Sunday is the day I usually take some extra time to make breakfast. These almond blueberry pancakes are a new favorite. The thin batter makes the blueberries extra prominent, and topping with yogurt, granola, maple syrup and more berries makes it altogether a decadent breakfast.
Years spent living in a loft with no outdoor area has made us extra starry-eyed over the fact that we have some green space now. We've been soaking up as much time in the open air as we can, which means having as many meals as possible outside is an absolute given part of the new routine.
Our weekend was exactly what I needed. With no real reason to venture out, I was the most content just staying here, laying low.
Cheers to all you homebodies out there.
Almond Blueberry Pancakes
gluten-free | serves 2
1 cup almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup greek yogurt
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon maple syrup
zest from 1 lemon
1 cup blueberries
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together almond flour with baking soda and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the bowl and add greek yogurt, canola oil, maple syrup and eggs. Stir gently until batter is completely smooth.
- Add lemon zest and blueberries, stir gently to combine.
- Prepare a frying pan with cooking spray over low-medium heat.
- Spoon the batter, about 2 tablespoons at a time and let cook until browned and bubbling, about 4 minutes.
- Flip and cook on the opposite side until lightly browned.
- Serve with granola, greek yogurt and maple syrup.
product pictured courtesy of SNOWE: cups & saucers, chef's towel, cashmere throw, bathrobe, staycation candle